ABOUT HALLMARK’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Hallmark offers summer internships for students pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, Computer Science and more! Hallmark’s internship program is held annually, starting late May and ending in early August, and provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. In addition, you will gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about our products and initiatives, connect with employees and interns from other disciplines, and for hybrid or on-site internships, enjoy what life is like in the Kansas City metro area.
As a Package Engineering Intern, you will be exposed to a combination of the following: sustainability and how it relates to materials and structures, working with supply chain partners to evaluate our eCommerce solutions, or designing innovative packaging solutions that are aligned with Hallmark’s Gift Presentation business. You will work on impactful projects rooted in real business need and will use your business acumen and problem-solving skills to understand Hallmark’s supply chain priorities, the goal of your project(s), and to research, strategize, and develop a feasible solution for your project(s) or the problem at hand. Past projects have included:
- Evaluating and implementing changes to Hallmark’s Packaging Assembly Instructions (style codes) making them more visual and easier to understand
- Developing a packaging solution for a new format that needed to meet certain criteria
- Partnering with the business area to understand requirements, design the structure, create prototypes, develop a specification, perform ship testing and partner with procurement for cost estimates
- Designing good-better-best solutions for a product idea within our Gift Tag business, including design, prototyping, and partnering with procurement for cost estimates.
This is a challenging summer internship opportunity where you will have the opportunity to present your work and recommendations to senior leaders and business partners.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Currently pursuing a Package engineering or Packaging Science degree with a graduation date of December 2023, May 2024, December 2024, or May 2025.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA must be stated on your resume).
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- High learning agility and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Goal and results oriented; works with urgency and a high degree of personal accountability.
- Manages well through ambiguity.
- Previous internship experience in a business, logistics, operations, engineering, or supply chain field.
- Passion for and experience in sustainability.
The final deadline for all applications is September 26th, 2022.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
All internships will be at either the Hallmark Headquarters or outlying facilities in or near the Kansas City, Missouri metropolitan area. This internship will take place Summer 2023 (typically late May through early August). The final deadline for all applications is September 26th, 2022, and we plan to have all decisions made by Thanksgiving.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program! #internhallmarklife
ABOUT HALLMARK – Because Connecting With Each Other Has Never Been More Important
When you join Hallmark, we will go out of our way to make you feel like part of the team, even in a remote/hybrid work environment. In the day-to-day, we’ll make the best use of the skills and talents you already have. We’ll also give you leadership opportunities and show you multiple potential pathways to future success.