View job on Handshake
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Here’s a breakdown of what the big picture entails for this program:
Nestlé USA’s Factory Management Development Program (FMDP) is a two-year rotational program that provides the opportunity for select individuals to gain real world experience and an understanding of Technical & Production at Nestlé USA. Designed with the full support of executive leadership, this program will allow trainees to gain experience in various factory functions including Engineering and Maintenance, Finance, Human Resources, Industrial Performance, Production, Safety, Health & Environmental, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance.
Within the first six months of the program, our trainee will spend time in all of the functional areas listed above to understand how each of these areas interacts with the Production team. Following the rotation portion, our trainee will have the opportunity to experience a unique breadth of work within your functional area, focusing on becoming a subject matter expert within their current factory.
As a trainee within the Production function of the development program, you will play a key role in leading people, the production floor, and the entire process to manufacture high-quality products that our consumers love.
You are the future leader of our business! This program is designed to put you on the fast track to a management position within one of our factories.
- Learn a variety of the leadership concepts, practices, and procedures that will allow you to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish your goals
- Practice outstanding personal safety and be an example to the organization in terms of employee safety and protection of company assets
- Supervise and coordinate the execution of production schedules
- Ensure the flow of materials, parts and resources necessary for production
- Perform various complicated tasks, including management of employees
- Plan methods to improve efficiency in production and be assigned production improvement tasks
- Maintain compliance with approved methods and quality standards
- Solon, OH, Anderson, IN, Jacksonville, IL, Burlington, WI, Mt Sterling, KY, Little Chute, WI, Medford, WI, Freehold, NJ, Jonesboro, AR, Gaffney, SC, Springville, UT, Waverly, IA, for duration of program.
- Bachelor’s in Operations Management, Industrial Management, Industrial Engineering, or other related discipline
- Completion of the required degree by June 2023
- GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Prior internship or co-op experience; manufacturing experience; student organization and/or other leadership experience preferred
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skillset for data tracking and results analysis
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities
- Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
- Open to relocating to any Nestlé USA factory after completing the program
- Able to work any shift, including second or third shift as required throughout program experiences
- Willing to work as a front line supervisor in a factory
- Open to working in facilities where ambient conditions may be very cold, wet or warm
- Immersion into a dynamic and collaborative work culture with diverse colleagues
- Mentorship and professional guidance from experienced leaders and a training program designed to support successful project completion
- Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine)
- Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestlé Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
- Relocation package throughout the program (for those who qualify)
The Nestlé Diversity Leadership Symposium is ideal for students from diverse and minority backgrounds but is open to all candidates, regardless of ethnicity, who can demonstrate that they would make a positive contribution to diversity at Nestlé.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.