Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of March 31, 2022. MSIM strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service, and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations, and individuals worldwide.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM team. Across all IM teams, the curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst. This program is within the Broad Markets Group and will help with the department’s research, portfolio construction, and trading capabilities.
- Use cutting-edge software to build reports and data visualizations for the portfolio management and trading team.
- Support the team’s investment process by collecting, cleaning, processing and analyzing datasets.
- Work with internal trading desk to help with workflow automation, data processing and general support for the ESG portfolio management team.
- Help guide portfolio decisions by analyzing portfolio risk exposures, assessing drivers of portfolio performance and researching market conditions.
- Take ownership of data quality across broad markets portfolios to maintain analytics accuracy
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Progress toward an undergraduate degree in Economics or Finance preferred
- Completed coursework in computer information systems a plus
- Demonstrated interest in investments and investment research
- Strong analytic background, with applicable experience using datasets
- Preferred knowledge includes
- Knowledge of fixed income markets
- Python, R, C# or other object oriented programming
- SQL Server, MySql or other database experience
Application Process and Deadline
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by July 31, 2022 at 11:55 PM ET.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and p