View job on Handshake
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of March 31, 2022. MSIM strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service, and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations, and individuals worldwide.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM team. Across all IM teams, the curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst.
Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLO) are securitizations of pools of bank loan investments. The CLO intern in the Fixed Income Bank Loan group will support the CLO team through data integration and modeling, with some macro-level credit analysis.
- Assist in CLO data collection and the development of CLO investment analytics utilizing quantitative methods
- Create templates and performance reports that provide key metrics for managerial review
- Perform CLO investment research (under supervision of senior investment analyst) with goal of making investment recommendations for various portfolios
- Work with Bank Loan credit analysts to understand underlying credits and provide optimized solutions for CLO metrics in MSEV-managed CLOs
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Maintaining a strong academic record
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills: Word, Outlook, and particularly Excel
Application Process and Deadline
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by July 31, 2022 at 11:55 PM ET.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.