View job on Handshake
Trimer Capital Management is a global investment firm with approximately $1B in assets under management based in San Francisco, California. Trimer uses a deep fundamental research-focused process to identify opportunistic investments in leading technology companies. Some examples of the team’s prior exited investments include Airbnb, Anaplan, Credit Karma, Slack, Snowflake, Toast, and UiPath.
About the Role
Trimer is looking to hire a 2023 Summer Analyst from the Class of 2024. Summer Analysts with top performance may be extended an offer to return full-time following graduation.
Successful Summer Analysts will be self-starters, with strong analytical skills and deep intellectual curiosity. Candidates will have the opportunity to work closely with the investment team to establish domain expertise, identify attractive investment opportunities, and conduct diligence from the sourcing stage to closing a transaction. Summer Analysts will be expected to represent the firm as they interact with company management teams, investment bankers, and consultants.
- Create and analyze investment theses on companies and sectors of interest and present findings to the broader team
- Prepare and present data-driven thematic and company-specific research reports that explore key trends in technology
- Conduct research on public and private companies by reviewing competitive landscapes, industry news, and company filings
- Build and manage professional relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, and operators
- Track and analyze company news, industry trends, corporate actions, funding rounds, exits, and other developments
- Prepare investment committee materials, including analyses of relevant company operating and financial data
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA above 3.5/4.0 and strong standardized test scores (please include your SAT, SAT II, and/or ACT scores on your resume)
- Undergraduate with an expected graduation date between December ‘23 and June ‘24
- Exceptional critical thinking and communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and general knowledge of financial modeling
- Experience in investing, investment banking, or consulting with a focus in technology preferred
- Computer science background strongly considered