The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research & Development Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Healthcare Analytics Center (ACE) within Global Medical & Scientific Affairs (GMSA) is using analytics to inform capabilities of the organization. We are currently recruiting for a summer intern aspiring to pursue a career in data science to work with our team as a Medical Data Scientist Intern. The Medical Data Scientist Intern will work with data scientists on the ACE team to use data and analytics to further understand how the organization can best help the patients we serve.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Review literature and other resources to gain knowledge of subject area
- Gain familiarity in methodologies to analyze Real World Data assets (e.g., medical claims datasets, electric health records)
- Process data in preparation for analysis
- Use analytic tools (e.g., Python, R, SAS, SQL) to conduct statistical / machine learning analyses to derive insights
- Present findings to team and key stakeholders
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree program
- Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate education by June of 2023
- Candidates must be available to work full-time beginning on 5JUN23
- Candidates must have strong statistical analysis skills
- Candidates must be fluent in at least one analytic programming language (Python, R, SAS, or SQL)
- Candidates must have familiarity with MS Office Suite Products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Candidates must have experience presenting to audiences with broad expertise
- Candidates must have the ability to work both collaboratively in a team and independently
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should have some graduate school completion
- Candidates should be studying for a technical field degree (e.g., computational biology, engineering, computer science, etc.)
- Candidates should be Fluent in Python
- Candidates should have expertise in machine learning methodologies
- Candidates should have experience conducting healthcare or life science research
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.