View job on Handshake
2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, Software Developer Summer Analyst
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Location: Miami, Florida
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team can make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
The successful candidate must be:
- Object-oriented programming experience in any language
- A desire to learn and adapt to new technologies
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude
- A desire to keep improving
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Build web applications, services, and functionality on a variety of platforms
- Develop on top of AWS in order to build scalable and robust solutions
- Utilize Docker to create containerized microservices
- Automate infrastructure configuration using Terraform and Puppet
- Use tools such as Airflow and Snowflake to build data pipelines
- Design data models and persist data to SQL Server
- Use T-SQL to manipulate and transform data
- Utilize Kafka and SQS for messaging
- Improve search using Apache Solr
- Build caching layers using Redis
- Use TeamCity and Jenkins to automate deployments
- Write automated unit, integration, and deployment tests
- Build tooling to automate away repetitive tasks
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.