2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, Product Manager Summer Analyst
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Location: Miami, Florida
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team can make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
As a member of the technology innovation team at Blackstone, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for Blackstone and the financial community at large.
Our Product Managers are involved in the full development life cycle and will work closely with all stakeholders during the conceptual, design, development, and production stages of each project. The Product Manager serves as the “glue” between business owners, clients, quality assurance and the engineers that build the designs, so they need to be able to discuss, manage and document their work, product roadmaps, and decisions effectively to varied audiences.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Build a deep understanding of user motivations, market opportunities and competition through research and design exploration.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually to all project stakeholders.
- Design and specification of business and technical requirements in partnership with the UX/UI team to iterate on designs based on user feedback, user research, technology constraints and market dynamics.
- Leading the product rollout process by driving decisions, tracking issues, and assisting in time estimation.
- Ability to both discuss, present and document designs and design decisions effectively to varied audiences.
- Bridging cross-functional teams (client working groups, business owners, engineering, QA, etc.) to drive the entire project lifecycle from concept to completion.
- Developing rollout and training plans in partnership with our Training team to create user adoption of new or existing tools to ensure that the business value from those projects is fully realized.
- Establishing product and project roadmaps to help team define scope, deliverables, schedule, and workstreams.
- Communicating project status updates to relevant stakeholders across the team, including but not limited to business management, senior technical leads, developers, designers, and product managers.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. You will need:
- Ability to understand user and technical requirements, establish a roadmap, manage projects, and drive decisions.
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude, willing to work through all obstacles to accomplish tasks.
- An ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality and take complete ownership over a product or line or initiative.
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal), presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple groups in a variety of settings and strong communication skills with the ability to listen, convey positions, and advocate designs.
- Implement projects following the Agile methodology
- A deep-rooted intellectual curiosity and the ability to ask thoughtful questions to identify core user needs.
- A basic understanding of the financial services industry is preferred.
- Prior experience with the product is preferred.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.