View job on Handshake
2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, Data Engineer Summer Analyst
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Location: New York City
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team can make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Blackstone is seeking a Data Engineer Summer Analyst who will develop innovative technologies that are changing the Alternative Asset Management industry. You will work with other engineers and business analysts to design, build, deploy, and support ETL data pipelines and infrastructure across multiple business units. Our custom-built applications are mostly developed in Python and hosted within AWS. We take full advantage of cloud native container-based and serverless architectures. We build robust data pipelines connecting to Snowflake for data analysis and visualization. You will devise elegant solutions to Blackstone’s most meaningful technical challenges and put your own best ideas to work in an entrepreneurial environment inside one of the leading companies in its industry.
- A desire to learn and adapt to new technologies and desire to keep improving
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude
- Sound knowledge of Python and Pandas or equivalent data manipulation library
- Knowledge of SQL language
- Familiarity with AWS ecosystem including S3, RDS, Kinesis, EMR, EC2
- Familiarity with Snowflake, Airflow, DBT, Great Expectations and Jupyterlab
- Object-oriented programming experience in any language
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must:
- Partner with data scientists, product managers, and business stakeholders to translate ideas into resilient and scalable data solutions in AWS
- Utilize Docker to create containerized microservices
- Automate cloud infrastructure configuration using Terraform
- Use tools such as Airflow and Snowflake to build data pipelines
- Design data models and persist data to Snowflake cloud data warehouse
- Use DBT to manipulate and transform data
- Utilize Kafka and SQS for messaging
- Use TeamCity and Jenkins to automate deployments
- Write automated unit, integration, and deployment tests
- Build tooling to automate away repetitive tasks
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.