About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About The Role
Every summer, we invite talented MBA students to join us for a challenging and hands-on 10-week experience in the retail industry. The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders. You will work on impactful projects and you will have the opportunity to present to senior management.
The Operations Strategy team is responsible for defining supply chain strategic priorities and delivering high-priority cross-functional projects, across Gap Inc.’s portfolio of brands. Our team works in partnership with leadership across our brands to optimize the delivery of products from manufacturing to customer. In this internship, you will help Gap Inc. build the future of retail by leading a critical strategic assessment. You will gather data and insights, identify key retail and operations industry trends and innovations, frame options and develop a recommendation, and create an implementation plan. This will be an opportunity to learn more about Gap Inc. and our supply chain, and the Operations Strategy team, with the intent to extend an offer for full-time position with our team after graduation.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a strategic recommendation to resolve a key supply chain challenge by structuring and evaluating hypotheses, and gathering and analyzing data
- Work cross-functionally to review and present your findings and recommendation, utilizing influencing tactics to build consensus for change
- Develop clear next steps and plan for implementation of your recommended solution. Begin to manage implementation of the project
Who You Are
- Graduate student with one year left to complete your degree (graduating between December 2022 – June 2023) & 2-3 years of relevant work experience in strategy / management consulting, retail / consumer products, or similar strategy and project management role.
- Some experience and exposure to operations, logistics / supply chain, ecommerce, and/or product to market processes. Experience working in apparel retail a plus.
- Fluency in PPT and Excel; adept at analyzing data and supporting development of executive-facing presentations.
- Willingness to deep dive into details, strong critical thinking and business curiosity, and ability to drive insights and decisions utilizing multiple inputs and data sources.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Experience working closely with multiple business functions to influence strategic agendas and operationalize initiatives.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Able to own small projects from strategy through implementation with minimal supervision.