The Lennox International Supply Chain Internship opportunity seeks to provide the participant with an understanding of the foundational building blocks for any Supply Chain organization, as well as develop analytical, process improvement, and system knowledge skills in our Richardson, TX location. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop professional expertise and contribute to a high-performance team in a dynamic role for a defined period. It is anticipated that successful execute could potentially lead to career opportunities in Supply Chain within the Lennox organization.
Participant should have the ability to commit 40 hours per week throughout the Summer.
Under close supervision,
- Understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals and all other aspects of service.
- Rotates through Supply Chain departments to understand the impact of each role and provides ideas to grow and improve the business.
- Accepts designated, business-focus projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, and present final project during internship.
- Works closely with experts in specialization or on teams to address critical business needs.
- Engages with internal customers and provides service.
- Provides suggestions to management of improving customer services and internal processes.
- Learns and becomes proficient on internal software systems (Microsoft Office, SAP ECC/IBP/BW).
- Applies statistical analysis to assist in optimizing inventory.
- May contribute to standards to track and monitor inventory results relative to objectives.
- May contribute to inventory management policies and processes.
- May support implementation projects.
- Developing business acumen/professionalism.
- Understanding of the basics of Supply Chain Management principles.
- Basic understanding of how decisions impacts sales attrition working capital and costs.
- Ability to research best practices.
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team oriented and eager to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.