Job Title: Summer Internship Program
The WESCO / Anixter Summer Internship Program is a ten-week, project-based assignment, designed to provide you with real-world professional experience working for a Fortune 500 company! During the program you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skillset and overall business acumen, gain product and industry knowledge, and engage with other summer interns and senior leaders of the organization. You will work directly under the supervision of one of our department managers. Summer interns also have early VIP access to interview for one of our Full-Time Rotational Programs in Supply Chain, Finance, or Sales.
· Based at our Pittsburgh-based HQ, Glenview, IL offices, or US Distribution Centers (Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, Sparks, NV, Cranbury, NJ), you’ll will learn through on-the-job training and job shadowing, and would support one of the following areas:
o Supply Chain Operations
o Pricing / Purchasing
o Finance / Tax / Accounting
o Marketing / Communications
o Health & Safety
o Human Resources
· There’s plenty of opportunity for executive exposure and team building with your peers during our three summer program events:
· Program Orientation (First day orientation typically held at our Station Square HQ Location).
· Mid-Summer Event (Offsite evening social event offering food, fun, and networking opportunities!)
· Final Presentations (Held at our Pittsburgh-based HQ; opportunity to present your work and highlight your summer to department leaders and peers).
· Minimum GPA of 3.0.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
· Very organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· Pursuing Bachelors Degree (Rising Senior Status).
· Experience working for an industrial distributor, contractor or supplier preferred.
· Internship or prior department experience preferred.