Global Purchasing and Manufacturing Services (GP&MS)
Join the GP&MS team and become part of one of the most dynamic and innovative organizations within General Motors. Our mission is to provide GM with a competitive advantage through exemplary services and solutions.
As part of the GP&MS team, you will be interacting with industry leaders, attending cross-functional events, and volunteering for community service activities. You will gain valuable work experience in one of the following areas:
- Indirect & Direct Purchasing
- Indirect Materials Management
- Business Process Transformation
- Business Intelligence
- Supplier Recovery & Asset Management
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Use Lean tools to improve Purchasing, Inventory and Planning processes
- Implement Standardized work to minimize variation in purchasing processes
- Reduce disturbances due to material shortages to improve productivity
- Lead strategic supplier engagement activities (Technology Days, RFQs and strategic sourcing processes)
- Support in the development of sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Perform data and / or contract analysis with a strong ability to develop clear insights into opportunities for improvement
- Build automation tools that will simplify audit processes and highlight outliers for further review
- Lead projects aimed at making improvements in the areas of Freight Bill Audit, Vendor Tool Management, Supplier Claims, or Asset Management
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations or related fields
- Graduating between December 2022 and June 2023
- Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Able to work full time – 40 hours per week during the summer months
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity and innovate
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
- Proficient in Excel for data analytics and BI software for data visualization
- Desire to learn new tools/methodologies
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022 Student Program.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.