View job on Handshake
FTI Consulting is looking for innovative, collaborative and highly motivated students to join our Healthcare Economics & Policy segment as a Summer Intern from June-August 2022. The Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy (“Center”) is a separate business unit of the Economics Practice within FTI Consulting, Inc. The Center applies cutting-edge economics and quantitative methods to assist clients in developing and implementing market-based solutions across the spectrum of healthcare activity.
What You Will Do
This internship position involves working in teams to provide advanced analytics to a multitude of clients on both healthcare and non-healthcare matters including employers, healthcare systems, managed care organizations, life sciences firms and government agencies. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, contributing to projects that make an impact and help shape the healthcare environment.
FTI is the place for you if…
- You are passionate about helping an organization manage change, mitigate risk, or resolve disputes
- You are looking for a place committed to your personal and professional development
- You want to become a leader with deep knowledge and the ability to make an impact
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree with graduation date between December 2022 – May 2023
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA and 3.0 Major GPA
- Permanent US work authorization
- Travel required to clients and FTI office(s)
- COVID Vaccine required*
- Experience with Excel and at least one statistical programming packages such as STATA, Visual Basic, SAS, R, MATLAB, or Mathematica
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form and submit the form to your recruiter.
- Prior experience in a data analytics role, preferably within a research organization
- Proficiency in STATA
- Skills and experience in data visualization
- Ability to learn and thrive in a project-driven environment with time-sensitive deliverables
- Knowledge of and interest in healthcare industry practices and policy
- Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Healthcare, Masters of Policy or related field.
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid team-building events (lunches, happy hours, summer outings)
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Free snacks and drinks
- Training opportunities (LinkedIn Learning, SC Academy, Lunch and Learns)
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,400 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.