Strategy and Management Consulting Summer Analyst, Arlington, VA
Who are we?
A high-end consulting firm focused on the aerospace, defense, space, intelligence, and government services markets. Our team provides corporate strategy development, market insight, and M&A due diligence services to global corporate, private equity, investment banking, and startup clients.
Why Renaissance Strategic Advisors?
We are a 40-person industry-focused team with locations in Washington DC and London. We work with clients ranging from the leading global A&D Fortune 500 companies to start-ups. We offer competitive compensation and upward mobility in an intellectually challenging, fast-paced, rewarding work environment.
Summer Analysts will join a group of multi-disciplinary senior consultants with decades of experience in the sector. They will work to support our global client base alongside talented peer analysts, associates, and senior staff. Analysts are fully integrated members of project teams and provide direct input into deliverables and client briefings. Daily activities will include primary and secondary source research, building market and financial models, and creating client presentations / deliverables.
At Renaissance Strategic Advisors:
• Summer Analysts partake in a week-long training program that includes functional skills in Excel and PowerPoint, advanced research methods, consulting tradecraft, and industry / sector knowledge
• Each Summer Analyst receives a mentor, ensuring individual attention and senior interaction
• Summer Analysts complete client-billable work and participate in the development of internal firm IP
• Summer Analysts also have the opportunity to lead an independent market analysis and take ownership of the deliverable, culminating in a firm-wide presentation to senior management
• We are a tight-knit team that takes great pride in maintaining our dynamic and social culture
Who are we looking for?
We recruit at top-tier undergraduate institutions. Successful candidates must demonstrate:
• A passion for the aerospace, defense, space, government services, or related technology sectors
• Strong analytical skills and comfort with both complex quantitative analysis and problem solving
• Curiosity, energy, positivity and the ability to work in teams and under dynamic conditions
• U.S. citizenship and the ability to be in the Washington, D.C. area from late May to August 2022 (exact dates of internship are flexible)
• Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business, Political Science, Intl Relations
• Internship, work experience, or demonstrated interest in the aerospace, defense, security, or government services sector – OR – with a top consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, or venture capital firm
• 3.5 out of 4.0 minimum GPA
• Strong acumen in writing for business and dealing face-to-face with clients
• Application requirements include a CV/resume, cover letter, and unofficial university transcript
• Please submit application materials via your school’s online portal and to firstname.lastname@example.org