Stifel Equity Research Summer Internship
Stifel’s eight-week Equity Research Summer Internship Program provides undergraduates with a hands-on introduction to the role of an Associate. You will work alongside our research professionals, from the Associate through the Managing Director level, and will gain exposure to a variety of investment research methods.
Once on board, Summer Interns will have significant learning opportunities on day-to-day projects and gain exposure to the firm and industry as a whole. Summer Interns work on multiple projects simultaneously, with primary responsibilities including research and analysis for their respective industry group coverage.
Summer Interns will primarily focus on:
• Updating and building financial models on the companies and industry you follow
• Analyzing emerging trends in an industry or macro economy
• Assessing relative stock valuations and reviewing findings with your team
• Performing in-depth quantitative financial analyses
• Contributing to team meetings and discussions
• Participating in research calls with Sales & Trading
Summer Intern candidates should possess outstanding academic records and have demonstrated strong leadership ability through involvement in extracurricular endeavors such as student government, athletics, and cultural and entrepreneurial activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Strong quantitative / analytical skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Disciplined work ethic
• Intellectual curiosity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous project deadlines
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Exposure to finance and accounting
• Experience with financial modeling and analysis a bonus
• Ability to work in teams
• Highly-motivated and energetic
• Must be graduating in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
Please note: To be eligible, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future
Stifel Company Description:
Stifel is a premier investment bank focusing on the middle market. With a foundation of over 125 years of experience, Stifel Financial is the fastest growing bank on Wall Street. The entrepreneurship, commitment, and expertise of Stifel’s finance professionals drives the firm’s expansion.
About Stifel Equity Research:
The Stifel Equity Research Group is a recognized leader with a deep and broad spectrum of coverage. Our award-winning analysts are thought leaders, many with hands-on experience in their respective industries, offering objective, in-depth analysis and timely, actionable research ideas.
Stifel is a top 10 provider of U.S. equity coverage in:
•Aerospace & Defense
•Consumer & Retail
•Internet & Media