View job on Handshake
As a Full-Time Analyst, you will be matched with a team based on department need and your skill set and sector preferences. With a flat structure, the Analyst Program includes the opportunity to collaborate and learn from experienced professionals. The various teams include: Cross Asset Strategy, Foreign Exchange Strategy, Emerging Markets Fixed Income Strategy, Interest Rate Strategy, Corporate Credit Strategy, Securitized Products Strategy and Municipals Strategy.
All new Analysts participate in an extensive orientation program which covers the Firm’s businesses, the transition from an academic setting to a corporate environment and opportunities to establish a network throughout the Firm. Fixed Income Research Analysts then attend divisional training where they learn core skills required to be successful on the job. The curriculum includes daily market updates, accounting, credit risk analysis, business overview speaker series, fundamental and advanced product and technical training, and registration preparation. In addition, Analysts have several opportunities to network with peers in Research and Sales & Trading, mentors and managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop investment recommendations on Fixed Income Securities through the study of market fundamentals and technical research.
- Contribute to the writing of reports for our clients that are clear, insightful and help their investment process.
- Develop tools and models to help with the generation of trade ideas.
- Maintain constant dialogue with our colleagues in sales and trading discussing market color and the impact of incoming data on our published views
Qualifications and Skills:
- You must be pursuing an undergraduate degree; in your final year of study with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- You possess proficient oral and written communication skills.
- You have a basic knowledge and a genuine interest in finance and markets.
- You are analytical, adaptive, a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker.