View job on Handshake
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Event & Job Description
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Are you a current undergraduate student who is passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion? Are you looking for a full-time Factory Management role starting the summer of 2023? If you’ve got an appetite for an exciting career, apply now for Nestlé’s 2022 Virtual Diversity Leadership Symposium (DLS)! It’s a three-day, professional development and hiring event, taking place from August 9-11, 2022, for college students of diverse backgrounds! If selected to participate in the symposium, you will learn about Nestle’s wining culture, network with peers & current Nestlé employees, and interview for our 2023 Nestlé Factory Management Development Program!
What to expect from the 2022 Diversity Leadership Symposium:
- Gain valuable exposure to life and careers at Nestlé and discover how a diverse and inclusive environment fuels career growth
- Network with business leaders and develop relationships with peers from universities across the nation while participating in hands-on culinary experiences
- Interview for our 2023 Nestlé Factory Management Development Program, with a chance to return to school with a full-time job offer in hand
Here’s a breakdown of what the big picture entails for the Factory Management Development program:
Nestlé USA’s Factory Management Development Program (FMDP) is a two-year rotational program that provides the opportunity for select individuals to gain real world experience and an understanding of Technical & Production at Nestlé USA. Designed with the full support of executive leadership, this program will allow trainees to gain experience in various factory functions including Engineering and Maintenance, Finance, Human Resources, Industrial Performance, Production, Safety, Health & Environmental, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance.
Within the first six months of the program, our trainee will spend time in all of the functional areas listed above to understand how each of these areas interacts with the Supply Chain team. Following the rotation portion, our trainee will have the opportunity to experience a unique breadth of work within your functional area, focusing on becoming a subject matter expert within your current factory.
As a Supply Chain trainee, you will spend time understanding the production environment and how Supply Chain runs to ensure supply of products at the lowest total delivered cost. You will also learn the different areas of Supply Chain, as well as how the Supply Chain works cross-functionally in order to support the production of the high-quality products that our consumers love.
You are the future leader of our business! This program is designed to put you on the fast track to a management position within one of our factories.
- Lead initiatives that work towards higher Customer Order Fill-rate (COF)
- Help drive cost improvement projects within Supply Chain
- Perform various complicated tasks, including the supervision of warehouse employees
- Schedule production that optimizes factory costs and consumer needs.
- Schedule Materials from Suppliers in a timely, and efficient manner to support production
- Drive safety awareness and compliance within the factory warehouse
- Solon, OH, Anderson, IN, Jacksonville, IL, Burlington, WI, Mt Sterling, KY, Little Chute, WI, Medford, WI, Freehold, NJ, Jonesboro, AR, Gaffney, SC, Springville, UT, Waverly, IA, for program duration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Management, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or other related discipline
- Completion of the required degree by June 2023
- GPA of 3.0 and above preferred
- Prior internship or co-op experience; manufacturing experience; student organization and/or other leadership experience preferred
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skillset for data tracking and results analysis
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities
- Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
- Willing to relocate to any Nestlé USA factory after completing the program
- Able to work any shift, including second or third shift as required throughout program experiences
- Must be comfortable working as a front line supervisor in a factory
- Open to working in facilities where ambient conditions may be very cold, wet or warm
- Immersion into a dynamic and collaborative work culture with diverse colleagues
- Mentorship and professional guidance from experienced leaders and a training program designed to support successful project completion
- Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine)
- Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestlé Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
- Relocation package throughout the program (for those who qualify)
The Nestlé Diversity Leadership Symposium is ideal for students from diverse and minority backgrounds but is open to all candidates, regardless of ethnicity, who can demonstrate that they would make a positive contribution to diversity at Nestlé.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Little Chute, WI, US, 54140 Mount Sterling, KY, US, 40353 Anderson, IN, US, 46011 Gaffney, SC, US, 29340 Waverly, IA, US, 50677 Burlington, WI, US, 53105 Jacksonville, IL, US, 62650 Springville, UT, US, 84663 Freehold, NJ, US, 07728 Medford, WI, US, 54451 Solon, OH, US, 44139