View job on Handshake
CohnReznick Advisory Group currently has an exciting career opportunity in the Valuation Advisory Services practice located in our Chicago, New York City, or DC Metro offices. We are looking for a Business Valuation Consultant to start in the summer of 2022.
As a part of this dynamic team, you will have the unique experience to work in a collaborative environment on a wide range of valuation projects including operating businesses, renewable energy systems, and real estate partnerships. VAS practice also includes a group that we work closely with that values a wide range of real estate assets.
The business valuation team shares resources, training, and work assignments but has specializations in three key areas. As you think about this opportunity please keep in mind that we are hiring Associates with an anticipated focus in each of these three key areas. We will ask each candidate to express an interest in one key area during an interview.
Business Valuation Key Areas:
- Value operating businesses, equity ownership interests, intangible assets, debt, and complex financial instruments/derivatives for privately-held companies, publicly-traded companies, and private equity & venture capital-backed companies at various stages of the business lifecycle (early-stage, growth/expansion, pre-transaction, post-transaction, and exit/wind-down).
- Exposure to multiple industries including, technology, retail and consumer products, biotech and pharma, manufacturing and distribution, hospitality, healthcare, and emerging markets.
- Value individual energy system assets, portfolios of assets, and development platforms typically solar (C&I, community, and utility), wind (onshore, offshore, repowering), storage, or biomass
- Learn about state and federal incentives, power purchase agreements/hedges
Partnership Interests in Real Estate and Real Estate Related Operating Companies
- Value partnership interests in special purpose entities (most commercial real estate and public private partnerships are held this way) with partners owning customized claims on cash flows (including promotes) and tax benefits
- Learn to read partnership agreements, model related cash flows and tax benefits, and to understand restrictions on control and marketability and the related discounts to value
- Value real estate related operating companies to include; property management companies, construction firms; and real estate development platforms
CohnReznick is recognized as a top accounting, tax and business advisory firm with a team of over 3,000 employees in 25 cities. As a member of our team, we will provide the necessary tools to take your career to the next level. Your success is our success.
You will be responsible for:
- Valuation engagements for a variety of purposes including financial reporting (fair value measurements for GAAP and IFRS financial statements), tax, litigation, and transactions/strategic planning;
- Explore and learn about the valuation issues in different industries for closely held businesses and public companies;
- Perform market, industry, and economic research and analyses;
- Perform financial statement and benchmarking analyses, including comparable publicly-traded companies and M&A transactions, common size analysis, ratio analysis, trend analysis, and industry comparative analysis)
- Perform valuation modeling and analysis using valuation methods including discounted cash flow (DCF), guideline publicly-traded company method, comparable M&A transactions method, and asset/cost approach.
- Assist in the preparation of valuation reports, models, and schedules;
- Review and summarize financial, corporate, and legal agreements;
- Maintain active communication and build relationships with your team throughout engagement process.
You will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Engineering, Economics or Accounting with a strong interest in pursuing an ASA or CFA certification;
- Ability to work on multiple engagements simultaneously with competing priorities in a rapidly; growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based environment;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and financial modeling skills;
- General understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts, including GAAP financial statements;
- Experience working with data sources and tools such as Capital IQ and/or the Bloomberg Professional Database;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
Coursework, case studies, and internships related to valuation are a plus.
[Firm news/team insights]
Connect with us
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.