View job on Handshake
Job: 12 Month Junior Human Resources Associate – PPD Distribution
Department: Human Resources
Division: Professional Products Division, Distribution
Location: Streetsboro, Ohio
FLSA: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Reports to: HR Manger
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Come and be a part of the exciting and dynamic world of L’Oréal USA as a Junior Human Resources Associate! We are currently looking for a 12-month administrative associate to work with our HR team. This extraordinary paid opportunity requires a candidate which has graduated with a degree within the last 12 months and is able to work up to 40 hours per week in (enter location). This program will provide an opportunity to build a foundational knowledge in HR and learn the beauty industry. The qualified individual will work on challenging projects, learn and be developed by our world class HR team and will gain exposure to our top talent and senior executives. Throughout the program, the incumbent will also work with multiple HRIS and reporting systems while experiencing hands-on HR Generalist and Talent Acquisition tasks. If you love people, are passionate about beauty and possess an entrepreneurial spirit, this is the role for you!
Key Job Accountabilities:
- HR Generalist duties which include onboarding new employees, managing HR workflows, facilitating employee moves, organizing new hires for orientation, preparing organizational charts, managing and analyzing HR reports, prepping meeting materials, maintaining HR records, managing full-cycle recruiting process, drafting HR announcements, and presenting culture improvement recommendations
- HR Specialist responsibilities include employee relations event management (ex. Bring Your Child to Work Day, Volunteer Day) and coordination including all of the logistics from invites and catering to managing presenters and assisting with content
- Administrative and compliance duties such as managing employee files and supporting documentation to ensure accurate and complete employee records, organizational charts, applicant flow records, announcements etc.
- Support HR Manager which may include calendar scheduling and maintenance, travel, and expense reporting, preparing meeting presentations, etc.
- Payroll responsibilities
- HR Special projects/responsibilities as defined by department management
- Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master’s degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
- Have excellent organizational skills, keen eye for attention to detail and proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills along with the ability to form strong cross-functional relationships
- Have demonstrated use of analytical skills – both using tools (ex. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail while juggling multiple priorities
- Possess cross cultural awareness and high emotional intelligence
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic and sense of confidentiality
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Flexibility to work/commute in both New York and New Jersey
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, -PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook for email, calendar, contacts, scheduling and task management required
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation and networking skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment with composure, as well as independently.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.