The Industrial Engineering & Operations Research department Graduate Student Services is recruiting up to 17 Readers to assist the Admissions Committee in reading and evaluating applications for admissions to our professional master’s programs. The work will range 10 to 20 hours per week and will include remote training sessions in December and reading approximately 120-150 applications (typically done at your home/off campus) the remainder of the time. We require the position to actively review applications for approximately three weeks from mid January 2024 to early February 2024. There is a possibility for re-appointment in subsequent years.
- Exercises professional judgment in reviewing, evaluating, and recommending applicants for admission using established guidelines.
- Review and evaluate approximately 120-150 applications.
- Review applicants’ undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts, resume and work experience, letters of recommendations and essays, and standardized test scores.
- Consults with experienced level staff or faculty when reviewing more complex applications.
- Reviews admissions training materials and becomes familiar with prerequisite courses and equivalents.
- Ability to read between 10 to 20 hours each week.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information
- Appropriate visa to work in the U.S.
- Position requires successful completion of a background check
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Familiarity with STEM degrees and courses
Salary & Benefits
$28-$37 per hour
UC Berkeley employees with a 100% FTE appointment may participate and receive a 7% stipend based on one month's salary in December, January and February. Current UCB employees can contact Heather Iwata directly.
How to apply
External applicants can apply at the link below. UCB employees can contact Heather Iwata directly at email@example.com to apply.
The University of California, Berkeley, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.