March 9 — IEOR Visit Day
- 8:30am - 9:00am: Welcome & Light Breakfast
- 9:00am - 9:45am: Program Overview
- 9:45am - 10:30am: Graduate Student Experience
- 10:30am - 11:15am: Graduate Student Lightning Research Talks
- 11:15am - 12noon: Faculty Lightning Talks
- 12noon - 1:30pm: Lunch with faculty, students, and staff
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm: Individual Meetings with Faculty
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm: Departmental Seminar
- 4:30pm - 5:15pm: Campus Tour
- 5:15pm - 7:00pm: Dinner with current IEOR PhD students
Visit here for more information about travel, lodging, public transportation, etc.
The IEOR Department will provide to prospective Ph.D. students, up to $300 USD to defray the costs of your travel to and from the UC Berkeley Visit Day. To be eligible for payment, travel expenses must fall within the University travel policy.
Please be aware that each person must purchase their own plane ticket. The name on the receipts and travel itinerary must match the name of the traveler.
The funds to defray your travel costs will be issued in the form of an electronic payment after the completion of your visit to UC Berkeley.
In order to be eligible to receive the funds, you must complete the two items no later than March 11, 2020. Items submitted after this date or incomplete documents will not be accepted or considered for payment.
- Email your itinerary related to travel expenses you incurred to and from the UC Berkeley Visit Day to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send your documents in one email with your name clearly labeled on each document.
- Documents should show flight itinerary, traveler name, airline or company name, payment amount, and evidence of payment (zero balance, payment type, or marked “PAID”).
- If you are traveling via personal car, please provide city and state of departure in the body of your email.
- Include a total amount of all your receipts (the total of your travel costs) in the body of your email.
- If you plan to have the cost of your travel split with other universities you are visiting, please list those universities in the body of your email.
- Check-in to Visit Day on Monday morning, March 9, 2020.
- If you arrive late to the Visit Day and miss check-in on Monday morning, please inform Diana Salazar or Heather Iwata as soon as you arrive so they can check you in.