Join IEOR on April 21 for Cal Day 2018!
April 13, 2018 / / Comments Off on Join IEOR on April 21 for Cal Day 2018!
April 21st is Cal Day, UC Berkeley’s signature open-house event. IEOR will offering a variety of fun and informational events that are open to the public and people of all ages!
- 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., Etcheverry Breezeway — Come meet current IEOR students at the IEOR: MACHINE LEARNING FOR A CONNECTED WORLD informational table to learn about the major. The table will also feature jelly beans, popcorn, stickers, and a tattoo station!
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., 3108 Etcheverry — Come hear from Professor Ken Goldberg, chair of IEOR, and Professor Rob Leachman, IEOR undergraduate advisor, and learn about the IEOR major and what students learn.
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m., 3108 Etcheverry — Join us for a talk with Professor Mariana Olvera-Cravioto on how Google search works. Learn how Google is able to deliver relevant search results to you in milliseconds.
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., 2111 Etcheverry — Like robots? Interested in seeing state-of-the-art robots that can learn on their own, perform surgery, and fold laundry? Come meet researchers and robots in UC Berkeley’s AUTOLAB at this open house event.
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., 3108 Etcheverry —In this all ages event, you will learn a bit about how math can help solve problems by implementing your own jelly bean factory in this all ages game.
We look forward to seeing you on Cal Day!