View job on Handshake
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Director heads the entire Wholesale Fuels Services department. The Director actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods for enhancing Wholesale Fuels performance, and recognizing outstanding performance throughout the network. This role proctors the US national dealer network, real estate strategies, channels of trade, as well as supports the dealer operations and programs in partnership with the Wholesale Fuels Operations Director. This department also works to ensure uniformity throughout processes, contracts, and agreements within the dealer business. Serves as a liaison between dealer, real estate, retail, franchise, and administrative networks across business units and shared services. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets, policies, and procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the wholesale business and solid knowledge of the overall wholesale functions. Reports directly to the Head of Circle K Wholesale Fuels.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required; Masters degree in Business, or any other related field is preferred. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- 10 years of previous experience working in retail / wholesale industry required; including a minimum of 5 years management responsibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites, including Microsoft Outlooks, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- May require up to 50% travel annually.
- Possess strong communication, commercial, and customer service skills; including comfortable public speaking and presenting
- Possess problem solving and mathematical skills and have the ability to make rational decisions
- Be multi-task oriented
- Be detail oriented
- Possess the ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s license
- The Wholesale Fuels Services Director is tasked with the maintenance of knowledge in the department. In this position, the Director stays up to date with the latest instructional technologies through the establishment of personal networks, attendance of workshops, reviewing of professional publications, and participation in professional industry associations. This way, the Director is able to introduce the latest and most applicable trends in the department for inclusion in the overall strategy, constantly maintaining and updating training programs within the business.
- Required to create training materials and reports, which must be clear, concise, and understandable. The Wholesale Fuels Services Director will also have an ability to tailor the most complex messages for different audiences in a manner that they can understand and relate to
- Strong analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for research, data analysis, and the insights that are derived from it. The Director will demonstrate an ability to carry out analyses on the performance of programs while drawing insights that lead to their improvement and formulating lasting solutions and the development of new strategies.
- Administration and management of all fee simple properties, third party leases, and all tenant related leases
- Coordinate all activity related to the sales & marketing of company assets
- Maintain knowledge of multiple supplier brand programs, requirements, and procedures
- Deliver customer buy-in and compliance with corporate and supplier brand programs
- Generate a yearly budget and accomplish related results
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend sensible station capital projects
- Manage the collection of accounts receivable balances on a routine basis
- Work with executive management as it relates to the dealer business
- Qualify prospective customers through financial analysis and candidate evaluation
- Contract preparation and presentation
- Managing credit risk/exposure
- Control expenses
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops, professional publications, business networks, best practice monitoring, and professional societies
- Responds to related business complaints by conducting investigations, maintaining documentation and partnering with legal counsel
- Ensures compliance with requirements, policies and regulations by enforcing adherence to corporate systems, policies and governmental laws and regulations; advising management on needed actions
- Complies with industry related governance, such as Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (PMPA) requirements by studying and reviewing existing and new laws; auditing and enforcing adherence to requirements; rendering opinions; advising management on needed actions.
The physical requirements described here are examples of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities in order to perform the essential task and duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use his/her hands in order to handle or grasp items of varying weight. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with both hands and arms.
Ability to safely drive a car for necessary business travel is also an essential function.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is Circle K’s policy to employ and administer employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of Vietnam Era and in accordance with federal and state civil rights laws.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company’s use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: