View job on Handshake
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a member of the U.S. News Money team, you will be involved in supporting the Money product team to help drive the future of our business; you will be a key member of a fast-growing organization that is goal-oriented and re-shaping our future.
The primary responsibilities of the Web Production & Compliance Associate will be to ensure we are publishing updated compliance requests in a timely manner, providing information and documentation needed to financial institutions to satisfy their regulatory requirements, implementing compliance updates and tracking and continuing to support our program. The successful candidate will be responsible for building internal controls including creating and maintaining documentation, conducting program and partner monitoring, and operational compliance work. This position requires strong CMS/HTML and web publishing experience, attention to detail, collaboration, and professional know-how to support cross functional partnerships to ensure financial strategies and broader business objectives are achieved.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Be the compliance domain expert for the Money section across all its different products. Stay up to date on industry changes and new regulations
- Conduct rigorous monitoring, analysis and draw on extensive regulatory knowledge to keep our content up to date and compliant
- Partner with information technology and product management to improve site monitoring capabilities and develop new tools to support the various businesses
- Daily contact for support with content management editing and updates
- Performs regulatory reviews of new and existing content
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing environment while maintaining quality and timelines
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, data science, behavioral economics, computer science, or any other relevant fields
- Strong proficiency in HTML/CSS, Photoshop and web production tasks
- Expert knowledge of and comfort with using content management systems, Brightspot a plus
- 3 -5 years of relevant web publishing experience, cross-functional collaboration with IT/tech, UX and Product
- Strong familiarity with developing, implementing and enhancing upon site monitoring tools
- Attention to detail, organization and time management are your strengths
- Experience with reporting/tracking tools including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
It would be nice if you had:
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations and best practices
- Up-to-date knowledge on Internet publishing and metrics, with an acute understanding of SEO
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please note that we will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.