- Do you have 12 days this summer to work with and learn from a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered “Yes” to those two questions – read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
THE POSITION: WEALTH ACTUARIAL VIRTUAL EXTERNSHIP
Mercer’s Wealth business is a leading global provider of investment and retirement services. We offer customized guidance at every stage of the investment and retirement decision. For more than 40 years, Mercer’s Wealth business has provided advice and solutions to corporate pension funds and 401(k) plans, foundations, endowments, wealth managers and other institutional investors.
As a Wealth Extern there are opportunities on both our Consulting track and our Actuarial track. In both tracks, you will be exposed to a fast-paced, energetic, action-oriented environment. Over the course of 2 weeks and 70 hours, we will provide you with systems training, sample project work, analyst shadowing, group networking, mentorship and team building activities. This program is a fast track to a final round interview for a 2022 summer internship or full time analyst position.
To learn more about Mercer’s Wealth practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/wealth-and-investments.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Progress toward a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, finance, economics, mathematics, or other business-related areas,
- Rising senior graduating in fall 2022 or spring 2023
- Commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries designation
- Record of top academic achievement. (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0/4.0)
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Available from August 1 through August 16, 2022
WHAT’S IT IN FOR YOU?
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Mercer Wealth business
- Use simulated projects to realize impactful solutions that could benefit major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Be introduced to Mercer Wealth solutions and technology
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Mentorship and possible job offer for 2023 full time analyst opportunities
- Fun learning and team building events
- Payment for this opportunity is $20/hour
Candidates must apply by submitting an application on our website and completing a HireVue digital interview by following the link below by February 16, 2022: You will be contacted between February 28 and March 2 only if you are selected for a final round interview which will be held the week of March 7.