WHO WE ARE
THE POSITION: Wealth Investment Analyst
Mercer’s Investments business is a leading global provider of investment services. We offer customized guidance at every stage of the investment decision. For more than 40 years, Mercer’s Investments business has provided investment advice and solutions to corporate pension funds and 401(k) plans, foundations, endowments, wealth managers and other institutional investors.
As an Investment Analyst, you will use your drive and strong analytical and communication skills to help your team achieve clients’ goals.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Critically analyze different investment markets, managers’ investment styles, and portfolio characteristics and evaluate their impact on investment performance each quarter.
- Produce accurate and detailed client reports through analysis of client-specific investment data, in support of consulting colleagues.
- Assist in producing quarterly presentations that will review the general state of the economy, stock/bond market performances both domestically and internationally, economic trends, and changes in regulations affecting investments.
- Collect data needed for quarterly performance reports and analyze the client’s portfolio performance, including performance of each of the funds within the client’s investment options.
- Coordinate the collection of client specific data from external vendors for reporting.
- Closely examine and monitor developments at investment management firms and notify clients of critical issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Play an important role in investment manager searches, mutual fund selection, asset allocation studies, and other investment-related activities.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Develop your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, and even 1 day off for community service!
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.