View job on Handshake
The WB Games Boston Studio seeks a Business Analyst to join the Data Analytics Team for a 6 month co-op. As a business analyst you will work closely with the product management team to ensure we are leveraging the most out of our most important asset, our data.
This position will collaborate on everything from tracking new player engagement, planning the way we record events in-game, and ensuring the final report satisfies the intended audience.
Daily tasks will include gathering requirements from project stakeholders, drafting schemas and tables, being familiar with production ETL data pipelines and developing documentation.
- Answer questions from internal customers about our products by querying our databases and packaging the answers in an easily digestible way for our internal teams.
- Identify in-game events that affect business KPIs including revenue, retention, user acquisition, k-factor, and lifetime value.
- Diving deep in the core business KPIs to ensure we are running our business smoothly
- BA/BS Major in Business, Finance, Statistics, or Economics
- The willingness to learn the intricacies of mobile business
- A strong background in analysis fundamentals through previous work experience, collegiate thesis, and/or passion projects.
- Strong familiarity with mobile application ecosystems and operating systems like iOS and Android.
- Experience designing, building, reporting, and maintaining project documentation
- Must be comfortable reading, interpreting, explaining, and responding to large sets of data related to engagement, gameplay and monetization. A background in statistics, data mining, or other quantitative discipline is highly valued.
- Excellent project management, communication, and documentation skills.
- Comfortable presenting complicated material to diverse audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required.
- “Team First” personality with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented and have a “no job is too small” attitude
- A passion for analytics and gaming is required
- Business Intelligence tools experience is a bonus, preferred tools are SQL, Tableau, and Looker.
- Detail-oriented and organized, the ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment that offers the opportunity to work hands-on with world-class brands and contribute concretely to the success of our games.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate passion for discovering interesting facts through data and sharing them with others.
- Currently enrolled in college or university