View job on Handshake
As a Waste & Recycling Analyst, you work with a group of Northstar client facilities to provide excellent customer service, grow Northstar’s business footprint, and identify/implement landfill diversion, cost savings, and efficiency projects.
The primary responsibility of the Client Development position is to manage a group of Northstar Recycling clients.
- Maximize profits and retention rates
- Identify and implement creative solutions for waste and recycling programs, projects include cost-savings and diversion opportunities
- Maintain and build professional relationships with external site contacts based on trust and respect
- Serve as a point of escalation for urgent service issues
- Conduct on-site and phone waste audits with manufacturing sites
- Manage your own workload and identify your own projects to hit Northstar performance objectives
- Analyze historic data to offer recommendations on waste program improvements
- Analysis to optimize service and surpass client expectations.
- Materials, Training and Equipment
- Sorting procedures and Collection processes
Travel is required for this position. Travel involves flying or driving throughout the country to conduct on-site audits with manufacturing sites. Average travel time is approximately once a month with trips ranging 2-3 days at a time. Some site audits are completed telephonically.
Northstar Recycling Client Development Executives serve as the lead contact for a large number of clients. Criteria include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years related industry experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects with various internal and external teams
- Large volume of daily tasks
Northstar Recycling has developed a thorough interview process for interested applicants that provides an opportunity for the applicant to recognize if the role is of interest to them. The Interview process for the Waste and Recycling Analyst (Client Development Executive) position includes:
- A phone screening process
- A live skill screening with Client Development Executive Team Leads
- A half-day interview with the Client Services department at Northstar Recycling
Regardless of experience level there is a comprehensive training program that we provide all of our team members to succeed in the job.
This position is available as a remote position or hybrid (remote/in-person) in our office location in East Longmeadow, MA, Little Falls, NY and Venice, CA.