View job on Handshake
As a holding company with cooperative and private ownership, URUS is a family of businesses at the heart of the dairy and beef industry – Alta Genetics, GENEX, PEAK, SCCL and VAS. Each of these organizations has its own unique identity, products, and services. These companies work globally to provide cutting-edge dairy and beef genetics, customized reproductive services to maximize conceptions, dairy management information to take producers to the frontline of progressive dairy farming, and an array of products and services to help bovines reach their full genetic potential. URUS Group has 25 operating companies in 14 countries and employs approximately 2,000 people. Recently URUS Group became part of Pon Holdings, a Dutch family-owned group of companies with revenues of $7 billion and about 12,000 employees.
To fulfill URUS’ ambitious growth strategy, we need top talent to lead our organizations in the future. The URUS Management Trainee Program creates an expanded talent pool to develop future managers for URUS. This program will create new paths into URUS and URUS companies for highly ambitious leaders.
The URUS Management Trainee Program is designed for fanatically driven, results-focused, high-impact performers that are early in their professional journeys and aiming to accelerate into leadership positions to ultimately create long-term careers. The program features 2-3 rotations at 9-12 months each in various parts of the organization with full-time management-level placement after the program. Senior leaders and executive team members serve as coaches and mentors to help program participants gain valuable on-the-job learning and development.
Trainees create immediate impact on important business needs through their projects, while demonstrating their skills, ambitions, and alignment with our culture. Project rotations cover a variety of our business sectors, including, but not limited to, the following:
· Business Development & Finance
· Technology, Data & Statistics
· Supply Chain Management & Logistics
· Sales & Consulting
· Global Development & Sustainability
· People Development & HR
Organization Alignment & Position Location
· This position will report to a URUS Sr. Manager or URUS Executive
· Strong preference is for the candidate to be based in Madison, WI
· The position may require some travel
At the conclusion of the Management Trainee development program, participants will have numerous pathway options within URUS to further develop their careers:
· Leadership role within an acquisition or investee target
· Product Manager for one or more new products implemented by URUS
· Manager level roles elsewhere within URUS or a URUS Subsidiary
Medium to long-term:
· Senior leadership roles within URUS companies at a VP, Senior VP, or Executive level.
Education & Experience
· B.S. degree or higher in agriculture or business. M.S. or MBA degree would be an asset
· Minimum 2-5 years of professional work experience
· Strong understanding of or experience in agriculture is an asset
Skills & Competencies
· Passionate and ambitious leader with a relentless focus toward excellence
· Resourceful self-starter that makes things happen