Two Sigma Impact is a private equity business that combines purpose-driven ownership with data science to drive superior returns. At Two Sigma Impact, we believe that Good Jobs create better companies – that happy employees significantly contribute to financial growth. So, we invest in industries where human capital is critical and in companies that prioritize their people. Two Sigma Impact primarily invests in middle-market companies in four key sectors: healthcare, consumer, business services, and education and training. We seek to simultaneously generate attractive returns and create numerous meaningful employment opportunities for the American workforce.
Two Sigma Impact helps our companies create more Good Jobs by leveraging our experience in business, impact measurement, and data science. Our investment professionals have vast and varied business experience, including having worked at leading companies in private equity, investment banking, consulting, philanthropy, and corporate. Our Two Sigma Impact data science team has decades of experience driving topline growth in sectors with the most sophisticated of predictive models. We are also uniquely positioned to leverage Two Sigma’s expertise in data science across sourcing, diligence, and portfolio value creation to enhance both financial and impact outcomes. At our core, we believe that the integration of our business expertise and data science capabilities will enhance decision-making and improve outcomes across all aspects of the private investment process.
Two Sigma, our parent company, is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Two Sigma’s team of scientists, technologists, investment professionals, and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities, to private investments and new ventures.
Private Equity Deal Responsibilities
• Review prospective investment opportunities and develop investment thesis materials for Investment Committee
• Build financial models to inform valuation alongside a deal team
• Lead key aspects of the due diligence process leveraging third-party sources of insight, including synthesizing calls with industry experts and performing data analysis on relevant macro-economic trends
• Support growth and human capital initiatives at portfolio companies, including business development, add-on M&A, data science initiatives, impact measurement and analysis, etc.
Impact Measurement Responsibilities
• Assist with impact measurement metrics at our portfolio companies
• Complete the B Impact Assessment by answering a series of questions about our portfolio companies’ practices and outputs across five categories: governance, workers, community, the environment, and customers
• Evaluate our portfolio companies’ performance compared to the thousands of other businesses that have taken the B Impact Assessment with an eye for strengths and opportunity areas
• Ideal candidates will be currently enrolled at an undergraduate institution as a rising college junior (Class of 2025) in the summer of 2023 with an exceptional academic record and active involvement in Impact Investing / Finance / Economics endeavors
• Candidates should be well-rounded self-starters with an entrepreneurial and hard-working spirit who naturally want to take the extra step
• Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail are all essential
• Ability to constructively challenge conventional ways of thinking, introduce new ideas, and communicate effectively with deal team and portfolio company personnel
• Familiarity or experience with private funds, investment advisers, and/or business diligence is a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics