View job on Handshake
To assure the efficient execution of REG’s supply chain, ensuring on-time delivery of renewable fuels throughout North America. This team member will work on our truck team to optimize the logistics of North America’s largest biomass based diesel producer.
- Effectively schedule, coordinate and process truck freight deliveries to customers, plants and terminal locations to assure timely delivery of product at least cost to maximize profitability.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service throughout the supply chain.
- Maintain frequent contact with supply chain stakeholders both internal and external to REG.
- Ensure drivers and transportation providers are preforming all necessary responsibilities.
- Follow REG policies as applicable to the shipment of products from REG and client plants.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate all possible transportation methods while determining how to transport specific sales/shipments to and from origin and destinations.
- Track transfer and 3rd party shipments to terminals including title of finished product to customers, and inbound feedstock to REG facilities.
- Develop specific procedures as needed to identified key locations to ensure prompt and successful execution of the scheduling.
- Assist with onboarding of new common carriers to support additional growth in markets.
- Respond to customer/vendor inquiries regarding shipment status in a prompt manner.
- Conduct a general analysis of lane costs by terminal / destination as requested based on professional knowledge/experience.
- Analyze and make recommendations for appropriate carrier selection, route and lane pricing.
- Augment lane optimization, participate in short and long term market strategy development and implementation.
- Audit and analyze carrier safety and delivery performance on a routine basis.
Other frequent duties:
- Keep all transportation rates and assessorials up to date in OTM.
- Assist in the designing of process improvement relating to logistics area operationally and organizationally to improve proficiency.
- Maintain a strong understanding of REG accounting procedures and financial conditions.
- Ensure all administrative requirements are completed in a timely manner.
- Negotiate/coordinate costs associated and post changes as needed.
- Process non-compliant freight bills while working in conjunction with accounts payable.
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Preferred: 4 year bachelor’s degree – Supply Chain Management, Business or related degree.
*2-4 years of experience may substitute
Experience Preferred: at least 1 year of office experience with transportation or logistics background.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Sales and analytical thinking skills
Basic Math and Accounting skills
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
OTM (Oracle Transportation Management)
Other Database systems