View job on Handshake
Transportation Operations Analyst
Perform tasks requiring an understanding of transportation/distribution concepts and the impact of transportation on KCC’s business. Develop an understanding of KCC transportation and distribution strategies. Use current and developing knowledge to make independent judgments and decisions related to coordinating domestic and/or international shipments.
· Daily execution of optimal cost, service and capacity solutions by analyzing company and customer needs, researching transportation methods and reviewing carrier costs and performances.
· Utilize transportation management and visibility platforms to analyze data and initiate plans to ensure key performance metrics are met.
· Develop and communicate accurate information in an effective and timely manner, including information related to customer shipments, freight flows, transportation costs, order volume, carrier capability and related issues supporting daily operations.
· Build and maintain collaborative relationships with numerous internal and external customers and partners, understanding their business needs and pressures as well as need to balance service and cost.
· Interpret laws, rules and regulations regarding shipping.
· Utilize problem solving methods to identify opportunities and initiate projects to drive sustainable savings in cost and process improvements to the Enterprise while maintaining and improving service levels.
· Communicate fully with leaders and peers at all levels of the organization as well as other internal and external customers and suppliers. Communication should be informative, timely, clear and concise.
· Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
· Bachelor’s degree, with focus on Supply Chain or Data Analytics
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Co-op, Intern or Full-Time experience working in Supply Chain environment
· Basic proficiency in excel
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills or the demonstrated ability to develop in this area
· Advanced proficiency in Excel, including Power BI, Blue Yonder TMS, SAP and Four Kites.
Desired Skills & Traits:
Results Oriented, Analytical, Detail-Oriented, Flexible, Organized, Shows Initiative and Organizational Awareness, Possesses Good Written and Oral Communication, Illustrates Personal Sensitivity