Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to offer liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Our Trading Operations team is looking to hire an Operations Analyst to support the logistics, mechanics and back office workflows that are the foundation of trading at our firm. This team is responsible for managing the clearance, settlement, and reconciliation of all trades and positions on behalf of trade desks for the firm. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with traders, finance, compliance, brokers, custodians, and firm customers to ensure timely settlement of trades, accuracy of books and records, and avoidance of unanticipated risk to both the firm and its customers.
We look for candidates with a strong technical foundation, as you will also have the opportunity to work closely with software engineers to further automate and enhance robustness of the firm’s operations workflows. Operations Analysts not only become experts in the logistics and mechanics of trade clearance and settlement, but they also play a crucial role in the ability of the firm to conduct trading efficiently and safely, perform challenging and stimulating data analysis, and participate in the architecture of new systems and controls.
No finance experience is necessary. We look for motivated, detail oriented candidates with a solid technical foundation and who have a drive toward process improvement.
- 1-3 years of professional working experience. (graduates will be considered)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field preferred (computer science, math, sciences, business analytics, economics and related fields)
- Strong experience with SQL and Python required
- Outstanding quantitative problem‐solving skills
- The ability to communicate information precisely and with agility to parties both internal and external
- A team player with a good attitude and flexibility in their time commitment to the job
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team environment
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience working in a financial institution
- Experience managing clearance and settlements of trades, and a general understanding of broker-dealer relationships
After passing an application screening, candidates will be sent an online programming test via email from a service called Codility as a first step of the process. This is to gain an understanding of the candidates coding ability.
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.