View job on Handshake
About Group One:
Group One is a specialist and market maker across every US equity option exchange group (CBOE, NYSE, NASDAQ, MIAX, BOX). With over 30 years since our founding, Group One has grown into one of the largest, privately held options trading firms in the United States. We maintain a floor presence in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Philadelphia, and we have specialist posts in New York and Chicago. Our traders provide competitive liquidity across a broad range of securities by managing portfolios of several hundred issues and simultaneously streaming quotes across multiple exchanges.
Group One is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At Group One, we value transparency and collaboration coming from unique perspectives and backgrounds. We strive to create a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business.
Group One Trading, a dynamic options trading firm, is actively seeking motivated individuals, who work well in high-pressure environments. Although knowledge of the options industry is an obvious asset, we are seeking recent college graduates from a wide range of backgrounds, specifically in the areas of mathematics, economics, physics, engineering or computer science. Candidates should be comfortable working in a trading environment, and possess excellent communication, analytical, computer, problem-solving, and time management skills. Candidates will learn the intricacies of options trading and the skills needed to pursue a thriving career in market making.
Our internship teaches the basics of equity options trading and provides an overview of Group One’s business. Successful interns will have the ability to interview for a Trading Analyst position at the end of the program.
- Keen awareness of critical situations, ability to shift from fast market to slow market conditions quickly and efficiently.
- Anticipate the needs of traders throughout the day, quick comprehension and delivery of tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all functional groups; reporting pertinent information in a timely fashion.
- Articulately voice needs of the trading staff to systems, vendors, clearing firm, brokers/other market makers, and the exchange if necessary.
- Show proficiency in all methods of communication provided by Group One.
- Participation in and successful completion of the training program within the specified time frame for each phase. This includes the opportunity to obtain required industry licensing.
- Become fluent with both the usage and rules of all proprietary and non- proprietary applications and tools that provide market research, theoretical/analytical data and those used for trade entry.
- Retention of knowledge and ability to apply past experience to current situations.
- Excellent math, probability, game theory skills.