View job on Handshake
Group One Trading, a dynamic options trading firm, is actively seeking motivated individuals, who work well in high-pressure environments. Although knowledge of the options industry is an obvious asset, we are seeking recent college graduates from a wide range of backgrounds, specifically in the areas of mathematics, economics, physics, engineering or computer science. Candidates should be comfortable working in a trading environment, and possess excellent communication, analytical, computer, problem-solving, and time management skills. Candidates will learn the intricacies of options trading and the skills needed to pursue a thriving career in market making.
Our training program teaches analysts the essentials of equity trading. Trading Analysts will receive a guaranteed salary during their time in the program, with the expectation that ‘graduates’ will go on to become highly compensated Group One Traders.
- Keen awareness of critical situations, ability to shift from fast market to slow market conditions quickly and efficiently.
- Anticipate the needs of traders throughout the day, quick comprehension and delivery of tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all functional groups; reporting pertinent information in a timely fashion.
- Articulately voice needs of the trading staff to systems, vendors, clearing firm, brokers/other market makers, and the exchange if necessary.
- Show proficiency in all methods of communication provided by Group One.
- Participation in and successful completion of the training program within the specified time frame for each phase. This includes the opportunity to obtain required industry licensing.
- Become fluent with both the usage and rules of all proprietary and non- proprietary applications and tools that provide market research, theoretical/analytical data and those used for trade entry.
- Retention of knowledge and ability to apply past experience to current situations.
- Excellent math, probability, game theory skills.
About Group One:
Group One is a specialist and market maker across every US equity option exchange group (CBOE, NYSE, Nasdaq, MIAX, BOX). With over 30 years since our founding, Group One has grown into one of the largest, privately held options trading firms in the United States. We maintain a floor presence in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Philadelphia and we have specialist posts in New York and Chicago. Our traders provide competitive liquidity across a broad range of securities by managing portfolios of several hundred issues and simultaneously streaming quotes across multiple exchanges. Our software development team provides a diverse set of software for electronic trading, quoting, and trade analysis that is the lifeblood of our business.
We offer competitive compensation including a performance-based bonus and comprehensive benefits, paid vacation, fresh fruit and snacks daily, casual dress environment, social events, and more!
At Group One we encourage all of our employees to continually challenge themselves and exceed their goals. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the business and reward our employees through a unique compensation structure. Our culture promotes accountability and pushes every team member to maximize their impact on the firm’s profitability. Our training program takes highly intelligent and driven individuals, and places them in positions where they are constantly seeking opportunity for growth. Through openness and constant dialogue, every person plays a key role in problem solving and allows us to stay nimble in a constantly changing environment. We put a premium on work-life balance, and sponsor events which facilitate off the field interaction and promote teamwork.