Stepan is looking to recruit an experienced Trade Compliance Analyst to support trade compliance activities in the US and other Stepan locations. This role, reporting to the Stepan Director of Global Trade Compliance, will be responsible to ensure that Stepan’s US operations are in full compliance with the import and export laws of the countries where they do business as well as other applicable regulations.
Compliance with trade regulations will be achieved through the development and implementation of centralized processes and procedures for all import/export activities.
• Creating, tracking, and renewing processes and documentation for utilization of Free Trade Agreements in the US and other areas as needed
• Maintaining relationships and accountability with customs brokers
• Auditing broker information and correcting as needed
• Development and management of regular, internal Import/Export audits
• Providing Import/Export instructions to customs agents and monitoring compliance with customs and foreign trade regulations
• Advising management on tariff classification and license requirements (import and export)
• Management of all Import/Export licenses for the US
• Conducting post-entry audits regularly to find refund opportunities
• Managing document retention for trade-related documents
• Dealing with audits from CBP and other Import/Export authorities in the region
• Managing the ACE Portal and resolving any issues that arise
As part of their role, the successful candidate will:
• Create a consistent auditing schedule and develop procedures based on the work processes and key customs regulatory requirements.
• Effectively communicate and partner with all locations to review new and existing product and non-product transactions to identify the most efficient and effective flow paths and methods of moving material
• Coordinate with the corporate Global Trade Compliance team to develop and maintain a corporate Import/Export database including classifications, license requirements and shipment restrictions
• Develop and implement compliance recordkeeping policies and procedures for import and export activities
• Function as an expert resource in Import/Export transactions
• Assist in collecting documentation and procedures to apply for C-TPAT
- At least 0-3 years experience in International Transportation/Logistics/Customs Compliance/import/export regulations, ideally gained within a manufacturing firm in the chemicals or pharmaceutical industries
- A professional qualification in Customs Import/Export or International Trade – Preferred
- Knowledge of Import/Export Duty and mitigation programs
- Knowledge of US Trade Compliance regulations
- Free Trade Agreement knowledge and experience
- Good IT Skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, SAP and GTS
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Professional degree in Business or technical field or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree required
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.