Who we are:
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream, do, and grow! These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what’s possible with us.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
Who we are looking for:
Toyota Financial Services (TFS) Data & Analytics (DnA) team is looking for a highly motivated, driven undergraduate/graduate students with an interest in technology, financial services, and the automotive industry to fill internship roles in our Data Analysis team.
The Data Analysis Internship Program is designed to provide a combination of on-the-job experience, networking, and mentorship, which are critical components for personal and professional growth. As a Data Analysis Intern, you will spend approximately 12 weeks at our Toyota Headquarters in Plano, TX gaining relevant work experience with a globally respected company. The program will run from June – August 2023. Strong performers are often given the opportunity to return for future internships and interview for full-time positions.
What you’ll be doing:
Through this internship, you will generate actionable insights by analyzing data and to use effective data-storytelling to help our company make better, data-driven decisions.
- Partner with the business to identify the most important questions that need to be answered about our customers and their value.
- Use SQL and Python to get the data needed into the form necessary for your analysis.
- Assess the quantitative and qualitative impacts of possible actions based on your insights.
- Visualize findings using tools like Tableau/Power BI.
- Hands on data extraction and data wrangling from internal and external systems using SQL, Python, R, etc.
- Build PowerPoint presentations to recommend business decisions.
- Attend and participate (where appropriate) in various project planning and prioritization sessions.
Projects may include but not limited to:
- Producing sales and model mix recommendations for regional sales offices.
- Calculating and communicating of the financial benefit of the monthly model mix optimization opportunities.
What you bring:
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree: Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or other relevant disciplines with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- Experience with tools such as Python (NumPy/Pandas), scikit-learn, R, and/or SAS.
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box with a passion to learn and grow
- Presenting analysis results and making recommendations to leadership
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking competency
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.