View job on Handshake
ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks a highly motivated and technically driven Thermal/CFD Engineer to join their team in either Calumet, Michigan or Novi, Michigan. This is a full-time position with a flexible start date between April – June of 2022, planned as hybrid remote working 2-3 days per week in office. If you have a strong interest in solving heat transfer related engineering problems with thermal/CFD simulation, we want to hear from you!
- Set-up/run thermal and CFD models; interpret thermal/CFD results
- Manage projects; write reports; author/quote technical proposals
- Research and develop modeling techniques and simulation processes
Technical Support & Sales Support
- Provide technical support and problem solving to customers via phone, email and/or site visits
- Collaborate with Sales Team to provide technical input on project proposals
- Respond to product inquires and support pre-sales activities
- Provide technical support to Sales Team on visits to new and existing customers
- Lead presentations on technical materials during site visits and conferences
- Provide introductory and advanced software training to customers
- Establish positive relationships w/customers via phone, email, trade shows, conferences and site visits
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Enjoy a starting wage of $65,000 – $85,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to a rich benefit package, employee stock ownership and relocation assistance if needed.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Experience or strong interest in Heat Transfer/Thermal Analysis and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- A willingness and ability to travel domestically/internationally 2-4 times per year
- Strong organization, project coordination, and attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
- Experience using CAD/CAE tools
- Direct experience in any of these technical areas: 3D Surface and Volume Meshing, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Heat Transfer/Thermal Analysis & Simulation, Human Comfort Analysis, Electro-Optic Sensor Modeling, Numerical Methods, High Performance Computing, Brake Thermal Analysis, Battery Thermal Analysis, Data Processing, experience designing/implementing/debugging/testing computer code (e.g., MATLAB, C++, Python, etc.)