$900mm growth-focused long/short equity hedge fund is looking for an analyst to support our investment team. This analyst will work directly with our TMT team to analyze potential investments and conduct research on existing portfolio companies. The analyst will spend most of his/her time looking at software, internet, and payment companies, with some time also spent in the media, hardware, and semiconductor verticals. This is a career-track opportunity for those interested in joining a fast-growing fund.
The analyst will support the investment team in all activities, including identifying investment candidates via proprietary research in the TMT sector and communicating research views with other members of the team. Research will involve building financial models, interacting with industry experts, attending conferences (either virtually or in-person), and meeting with management teams.
The analyst will initially be expected to work in-person in our NYC office 4 days a week, with more location flexibility longer-term.
Ideal candidates should possess a combination of curiosity and analytical skills. We are looking for candidates with the following credentials and qualities:
- Past experience working at an engineering or software company
- Graduate degree in engineering or computer science from a top-tier university
- A strong, demonstrated interest in new products and developments within the technology industry
- Strong technical skills, writing skills, and the ability to communicate effectively
- Motivated, resourceful, and a self starter
- ‘Out of the box’ thinking
- The highest standards of honesty and professionalism