View job on Handshake
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
WTW is a preeminent developer of risk and financial modelling software, with over 400 clients worldwide. We combine the technical innovation and engineering expertise of our software professionals with the actuarial knowledge and thought leadership of our insurance consulting business to provide solutions that help clients measure value, manage risk and safeguard solvency.
WTW’s software solutions support insurance companies and other businesses that require sophisticated and auditable modelling and analytics processes as they confront volatile markets and regulatory changes. Our software solutions underpin a variety of activities, ranging from asset-liability modelling, pricing and reserving, through to economic capital aggregation and allocation.
The Technology Consulting function in ICT (Insurance Consulting and Technology) is responsible for providing a range of consulting services relating to Insurance Technology’s software products and enterprise platforms. These consulting services include:
- Pre-sales for software opportunities, especially for complex client solutions
- Delivery and program management of complex technology projects
- Solution architecture
- Implementation of complex solutions including global rollouts, SaaS / Cloud implementations, Unify (Robotic Process Automation), Radar Live (Live pricing engine), IFRS17 and Underwriter Workbench
- Software product installation
- Data architecture and consulting
- CIO / senior client engagement
As a Technology Analyst, the role is intentionally varied. In the first few months of your on-boarding you will be involved in the Software Support schedule to learn about the usage of our software, you will be taking part in a selection of projects to develop your technology consulting skills and finally you will be learning about a range of technologies and software products (through training, online education etc).
Your objective will be to gradually get involved in all aspects of the solution implementation lifecycle using the latest technologies and methods as utilized at leading insurance companies. This includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding what our clients need, and solving those problems
- Developing best practice methods to deploy software and overcome client challenges
- Creating Technical Design documents and analyzing business requirements
- Delivering solutions using the latest automation and cloud methods
- Deployment to complex client IT infrastructures
This is all done within an international and internal team that collaboratively contribute to the effective delivery of quality software.
This is not a software developer role but requires basic programming knowledge and you may be involved with programming custom functionalities (scripting, testing APIs, etc)
Career Path & Qualification
As a graduate at WTW, you have a world of opportunity ahead of you. As a Technical Analyst, you will drive your own career progression, moving into solution design, consulting, product implementation or progressing through education, training and experience to become a subject matter expert in full solution architecture within the insurance industry.
We offer graduates the flexibility to study towards a range of qualifications from both technical and business disciplines depending on the needs of the business and individuals.
The role of the Technical Analyst is particularly suited to a motivated person that wants to see all aspects of technical consulting and complex solution implementation to best determine their next career move. This role doesn’t require you to decide your long-term future today and put down roots that may be hard to pull up. Instead it gives you a wide range of opportunities to find your place and then many routes to achieve your career goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or similar technical or analytic discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Alternate experiences, degree subjects or professional certifications within the IT field will also be considered.
- Basic understanding, experience, or appreciation of technology – infrastructure, networks, database, software, etc.
- Motivated to learn a variety of technology and WTW software
- Start date will be the beginning of September 2022
It would also be an advantage to possess the following skills:
- Ability to multitask among several different activities to gain a variety of experience
- Experience of scripting – SQL, Python, PowerShell
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies (perhaps evidenced by past personal or academic projects)
- Experience or certification in Cloud technology (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Fluency in Spanish, French or Portuguese
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online application, including CV
Stage 2: On-demand Video interview
Stage 3: Virtual Interview with the team
Stage 4: Offer and on-boarding
WTW may be subject to mandatory employment-related COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Therefore, to the extent any such mandates apply, you may be required to certify and provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 if you are hired in the U.S. If you accept an offer from WTW and are subject to a mandate but are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, you may request a medical or religious accommodation. If you require an accommodation, the Company will evaluate your request and work with you to identify reasonable alternatives to vaccination, if available.