View job on Handshake
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
**This position is a hybrid work schedule, requiring 2 days in the office and 3 days remote**
Want to be part of technology that matters? Begin your technology career today by joining the Freddie Mac Enterprise Operations and Technology (EO+T) team through our College Hire program. The EO+T division is seeking true technologists to be part of our innovative organization. This 12-month cohort program designed for recent Computer Science/Computer Engineering grads will springboard you into a fulltime career with an industry leader building the future of technology for the housing/finance industry.
The Enterprise Operations and Technology (EO+T) Division helps enable and transform Freddie Mac’s business. We provide systems and technology that benefit the enterprise, customers, employees and our business partners. Our technology enhances the services we offer to our customers and improves productivity and performance for employees, making work easier.
What you’ll be doing –
Your work will focus in one of the following areas:
- As member of a product team, participate in implementation planning, create artifacts, test and demonstrate technology
- Brainstorm and design technical approaches; evaluate new technologies
- Analyze project-related problems and create innovative solutions
- Support product quality and timeliness
- Develop, modify, and design software based on requirements/design specifications
- Help define business and user needs and processes; identify solutions, work with project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution
- Participate in requirements analysis; help design applications based on system requirements; promote top code quality and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Support implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines; Build enhancements within existing applications to optimize efficiency
Participation in the program will support your continued professional development through access to targeted training courses and learning opportunities, as well as exposure to senior management. You will gain knowledge of technology for the financial industry all while enhancing your own competencies, by:
- Expanding your leadership, business and analytical skills
- Refining your personal brand and growing your internal network
- Obtaining support and guidance from dedicated managers, experienced analysts and knowledgeable mentors
- Deepening technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac’s key role in the mortgage market
- Participating in organized community service events to complement your professional development with personal growth
- Being eligible to be sponsored to earn key technical certifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related, relevant experience and coursework
- Graduation no more than 18 months prior to January or June 2023 start date
- College-level experience with coding practices and languages (such as Java, C/C++, Python, Automation/Ansible and framework/systems (e.g., AngularJS, Git) or others)
- Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Microsoft Office, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies preferred
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities
- Not quite sure you’re a fit? Go ahead and apply! Freddie Mac’s EO+T division looks for a wide range of skills and perspectives.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team or independently
- Technology-first mindset, outstanding analytical skills and drive for innovation
- Willingness to try new things, fail fast and learn fast
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Time-type:Full timeJob Category:College Hire ProgramFLSA Status:Non-ExemptFreddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.