ION is the world’s most progressive FinTech company providing pioneering software and consultancy services to customers around the globe. We serve large financial institutions, trading firms, central banks, and corporations. We are committed to automating processes that positively impact our customer’s work and provide insights to enable more informed decision making. We provide software to our customers to simplify complex processes and digitize their businesses. Our products and services help the world’s leading organizations do more, in a better and simpler way than ever before.
ION software underpins the global fixed income, FX, and derivatives markets, powers the world’s central banks and manages cash and risk for thousands of companies worldwide. ION data and analytics are the golden source for M&A, equity and leverage finance bankers worldwide. With a dynamic team of 10,000+ employees, 50+ global offices, and over 4,800+ customers worldwide, ION provides an unparalleled career experience for those who share our passion for growth and technology evolution.
Our Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a foundational global initiative focused on developing generational talent for ION Group’s growing operations. The program provides an opportunity for outstanding college graduates to start a career in a dynamic and fast paced global fintech and automation provider.
Technical LDP analysts will begin their careers at ION with an introduction to the business before transitioning to a development role for a longer period. At the end of the 18-month program analysts will then decide whether to pursue a development focused track or to explore other areas of the business.
Sample roles include:
· User Experience
· Product Management
· Client Services
The LDP Technical track is available in the following locations:
· Jersey City
ION operates as a truly global organization, providing analysts the opportunity to work with teams and customers across the world. Traditionally, cross-cultural professional development has been a key pillar of the program. We hope and expect to resume analyst rotations and projects abroad when it is safe to do so.
What you’ll do
During the program you will work with experienced software developers and subject matter experts at the forefront of financial technology. Under the direction of team leaders and an expert mentor you will have the opportunity to take ownership of challenging projects that deliver value to our customers. You will work at all stages of the software development lifecycle, including the refinement of business and technical requirements, the development of software, and the design and execution of automated tests.
Experience gained will include:
· Development of high-performance and scalable component-based systems
· Development and deployment of cloud native services
· Development within a service-oriented architecture
· Data modeling, business intelligence and UI/UX design
- Spring 2022 undergraduate graduation, in Computer Science or another numerate discipline
- Able to start full time employment in September 2022
- 3.0 GPA or above (transcript required)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. or Canada without restriction or need for sponsorship
- Demonstrated leadership potential both in and out of the classroom
- 1-3 relevant internship experiences
- Programming ability in languages such as Java, C#, C++
- Demonstrated passion for technology
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, a logical approach, and the desire to understand the “why” behind each problem
- Enjoy learning new skills and looking for new approaches
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Proactively put ideas into action, take the initiative, and deliver results
- Collaborate, contribute, and encourage others
- Communicate well
- Willing to work under pressure to achieve committed deliveries
How You’ll Grow
- Our program gives expert knowledge of the product development lifecycle and financial technology.
- You’ll design effective solutions to our clients’ business problems
- You’ll manage product development from end to end
- You’ll work within the ION business and technology ecosystem
- You’ll work in multi-functional teams, mastering technologies, methods, and processes to build advanced software systems using distributed architectures
- You’ll become a domain expert that can contribute to the whole product development cycle by continuously improving your ability to learn, communicate and solve problems