Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2023 and continue through the entire Winter/Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before applying.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla: The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, our interns have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only their team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
What You’ll Do
The Supply Chain Optimization team is responsible for managing strategic projects and continuous improvement efforts across all of Tesla’s Supply Chain Organization. You will be part of a team that leads the strategic development of key Tesla Supply Chain applications. The team is a cross-functional unit working with our IT development, supply chain, finance, engineers, internal audit, legal, and vendor onboarding teams. You will interact with stakeholders across all levels of the organization, including our buyers as well as executives on a regular basis. As a member of the Supply Chain Optimization – Application team, you will be required to wear many hats and adapt to a fast-paced work environment. Your work will have a direct impact on Tesla’s Supply Chain.
- Support Project Managers directly on all core and critical team efforts. Candidates are expected to own and drive multiple independent and collaborative projects to completion. This includes end-to-end development cycles from requirement gathering to product launch.
- Align cross-functionally with other teams interacting with respective applications.
- Identify application improvement areas and compliance risks.
- Independently handle multiple projects at a time meeting objectives and deadlines.
- As project lead, document relevant timelines, milestones and deliverables and present to project steering committees.
What You’ll Bring
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or MBA in relevant program including, but not limited to: Information Technology, Business Analytics, Computer Science or Business Management.
- Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including purchasing, software engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales and operations.
- Working experience (inclusive of internships). Product management work experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft tools (SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, MS Teams), JIRA, Confluence or similar tools/technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.