View job on Handshake
Join as a Technical Consultant!
Oracle is the #1 global provider of business software, with a market-leading presence in over 175 countries. Oracle’s Global Business Unit (GBU) solutions are transforming the world of business, empowering governments, and helping industries evolve with the pace of change.
Join the Oracle GBU Class Of program to kick-start your career with some real responsibility, an incredible learning experience and the chance to connect the biggest enterprises of today with the tools to compete in the digital economy of tomorrow.
As a Technical Consultant, you will work as a member of the GBU consulting team to solve business problems for prospective clients; uncovering and understanding client goals/challenges and aligning Oracle’s GBU cloud portfolio to enable optimal solutions.
You will become an expert in our cloud implementation methodology known as TCM (True Cloud Method), and become skilled in some Platform as a Service (PaaS) services, tools and technology that support data conversion, data integration and report-building. You will support your Tech Leads in their day-to-day activities to deliver solutions to our customers.
To get you ready for this role, you will complete a multi-week Onboarding Program focused on honing your consulting skills, deepening product and technical knowledge, and supporting your mastery of software implementation skills. Upon completion of the program, you will be staffed in a billable or shadow assignment on a customer engagement, where you will continue to develop your expertise in a day-to-day client-facing role.
The Consultant role is both a challenging and rewarding role that will test your interpersonal skills, ability to quickly master business process knowledge, strategic thinking capabilities, and follow-through on the delivery of a solution. You will be provided the tools, training, coaching, and resources to help you be successful. You will be a member of the GBU consulting team acting as a central hub for delivery on key projects. You will gain valuable experience with major clients, business processes and be on the forefront of cutting-edge technology and deployments.
This role provides a fast-paced progression of skills, in a highly collaborative environment, with accelerated career advancement opportunities. Come join our team and see the impact you can make!
Oracle GBU is hiring for roles within the following Industries:
- Communications Global Business Unit (CGBU)
- Communications and Applications Global Business Unit (CAGBU)
- Construction and Engineering Global Business Unit (CEGBU)
- Financial Services Global Business Unit (FSGBU)
- Food and Beverage Global Business Unit (FBGBU)
- Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU)
- Hospitality Global Business Unit (HGBU)
- Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU)
Preferred Skills/Experience What You’ll Do
Join a fun and flexible workplace where you’ll enhance your skills and build a solid professional foundation. As a Technical Consultant you will:
- Build an understanding of and leverage Oracle methodologies, tools, and leading practices
- Work with clients and consulting project leaders to gain understanding of project goals, expectations, and challenges. Your work involves problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and practices with limited autonomy
- Understand necessary client business requirements for configuring, testing, and documenting cloud solutions
- Implement and support data conversions with industry leading applications
- Design, build and implement integrations to Cloud applications using Oracle’s leading integration platform
- Design, build and implement reports using Oracle tools
- Design, build, and implement extensions
- Consistently report progress on execution of assigned tasks in accordance with quality and time allocation
- Follow appropriate methodologies to accomplish assigned tasks; consistently utilizing Oracle leading practices and remain in compliance with all project standards
- Identify issues associated with assigned tasks; take initiative to proactively alert team lead(s) of any issues
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of work products as completed
- Document work products in a method that can be easily understood and is reproducible
- Become familiar with and leverage various Oracle tools (e.g., Oracle systems, knowledge base, professional communities and training courses)
- Drive self-learning, achievement of cloud certifications and manage career progression
- Promote knowledge by sharing lessons learned or new skills with team members
What You’ll Bring
Let’s see what you can achieve when you dare to be yourself. What we are looking for:
- BS degree (GPA of 3.2 or greater preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, and/or Management Information Systems
- Exposure to or working knowledge of any of the following areas:
- SOAP, XML, REST, and JSON
- Oracle database, SQL, PL/SQL, basic database administration tasks
- Agile, SCRUM, SDLC, DevOps, rapid and iterative technical design/implementation based projects
- Additional programming and scripting languages, including: ADF, SQL, Node.js, Python, CSS, HTML5, etc.
- Cloud computing platforms, SaaS Applications, development and/or integration, networking and firewalls
- Demonstrated leadership on campus
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills to acquire a higher level understanding of role, processes, and procedures
- Ability to work and collaborate within a team setting
- Self-starter, confident, driven with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to build rapport
- Previous internship or job experience
- Experience with packaged software is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 100% to client sites
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Entry-level consulting position for those who are new to professional services and are developing their expertise. Receives detailed instruction on routine work and on new projects or assignments.
As a member of a project team, follows standard practices and procedures to analyze situations/data and provide quality work products to deliver functional and technical solutions on applications and technology installations. Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and practices with limited autonomy. Implements Oracle products and technology in various industries to meet customer specifications.
0 to 2 years of experience relevant to a functional or technical role. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Demonstrates basic competence in one product or technology area. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.