Wayfair is seeking analytical, data-driven, and action-oriented candidates for Technical Analyst opportunities in Summer 2022. Analysts drive roadmaps, design experiments, build prototypes, proof of concepts and perform exploratory data analysis. This is all in support of validating hypotheses while partnering with engineering and data science to implement solutions at scale. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates who are interested in entering the technology and e-commerce space, developing hands-on analytical and technical skills, and working closely with core business functions to drive real impact and results.
Wayfair places Technical Analysts into several core business functions. Function placement is determined through the application and interview process and is dependent on a combination of interest, skills, and experience. When applying, please indicate your top choice for functional areas of interest. If we notice a stronger alignment for a team other than those indicated in the application, we will also consider you for that opportunity.
Functional areas and potential team placements include:
Our Marketing team drives growth for Wayfair on every major advertising platform. We aren’t your standard marketers: we own the strategy, P&L, and roadmaps for our portfolio of cutting-edge and in-house-built marketing and AdTech products. We leverage deep quantitative analytics and technology to acquire high-potential customers and engage them to come back again and again. We have petabytes of data at our fingertips, which we utilize to build algorithms and automated solutions to take our “Zillions thing home” offering and personalize it to each and every customer. Marketing Technical Analysts willwork on highly cross functional initiatives, building capabilities across all brands (Wayfair, AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane, Perigold) and geographies (North America, Europe) while owning a specific marketing channel (e.g. paid search, display advertising, email marketing, social media, TV/Online video, etc.). Collectively these marketing channels spend over a billion dollars annually, which technical analysts play a critical role in maximizing channel’s success.
Profit / Marketplace Strategy, Competitive Intelligence & Business Trends
Our Profit/Marketplace Strategy team creates models, decision frameworks, data artifacts and tools to effectively guide business strategies and decision-making across Wayfair. These algorithms leverage best-in-class approaches across machine learning, economics, and statistics to drive Pricing, Profitability, and Forecasting decisions across our catalog. We own the roadmap and development of a series of platforms that help the company navigate difficult tradeoffs using powerful levers at our fingertips (how do we set prices that balance revenue and profit, how do we make supply chain decisions that balance delivery speed and operating cost, etc). Technical Analysts will partner closely with product managers, data scientists, economists, and software engineers to guide the development of these platforms globally across all of our brands while honing in on a specific area of focus (e.g. pricing, logistics optimization, forecasting, product flags/badges). Across these areas, we are making millions of decisions daily that have a direct impact on the customer experience and Wayfair’s bottom line. You will play a key role in optimizing these platforms through a combination of exploratory data analysis, experiment design/implementation, and rigorous validation of our ongoing decisions.
Search & Recommendations
Wayfair’s Search and Recommendations team provides the core platforms and algorithms that allow our customers to discover and buy the products they love by serving the right product and content to every customer on every touchpoint. Our systems and data science machine learning/AI models leverage Wayfair’s extensive customer and product data to deliver trusted and valuable recommendations and results in real time. We serve 1 billion requests each day that touch a myriad of customer touchpoints (e.g. marketing emails, website pages..etc). The team owns the roadmap and development of the data science models in Search, Product, and Content Recommendations ) Search and Recs Technical Analysts will partner closely with product managers, ML/AI data scientists, and software engineers. You will play a key role in optimizing these platforms through a combination of exploratory data analyses (EDAs), experimental design/implementation/evaluation, and prioritizing/sizing of our various initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Develop novel approaches to optimize key levers at Wayfair, then partner with data science and engineering teams to launch at scale across all channels and geographies.
- Leverage your deep understanding of statistics and technical programming skills (Python, R, SQL, etc.) to conduct advanced analytics on large data sets to identify opportunities and validate hypotheses.
- Drive operational excellence through real time monitoring, alerting and automation to ensure a rapid response to changes in market dynamics and customer/supplier behaviors
- Collaborate directly with and regularly provide updates on progress to leadership across North America and Europe.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree earned by date of hire; with a quantitative focus (i.e. Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Proficiency in a structured programming language (e.g., advanced R, Python, SQL) with a strong desire and ability to further develop skill set.
- Strong quantitative experience, with the ability to generate insights and solutions or build a story and strategy from large data sets.
- Excellent critical thinking and verbal and written communication skills – ability to break down and communicate complex ideas in order to influence cross-functional stakeholders.
- An ownership mindset with the ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment with a dynamic bias for action and a “get stuff done” attitude
- A desire to win as a team – collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others succeed and thrive
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.