View job on Handshake
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
Love coding? Want to create technology that matters? Begin your technology career today by joining the Freddie Mac Enterprise Operations and Technology (EO+T) team through our College Hire program! The EO+T division is seeking true technologists to be part of our innovative organization. This 12-month cohort program designed for recent Computer Science/Computer Engineering/technology grads will springboard you into a fulltime career with an industry leader building the future of technology for the housing/finance industry.
The Enterprise Operations and Technology (EO+T) Division helps enable and transform Freddie Mac’s business. We provide systems and technology that benefit the enterprise, customers, employees and our business partners. Our technology enhances the services we offer to our customers and improves productivity and performance for employees, making work easier.
As a fulltime employee from Day 1, you’ll be able to contribute to the design, build and future of technology programs that provide stability to the housing market and help families rent, buy and keep homes they can afford. In this role, you’ll be part of the technology teams that create solutions move the housing industry forward and build a better housing finance system – now and into the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate as a member of a project team to develop innovative, high-quality software solutions in an Agile development environment
- Develop, modify, and design software based on requirements/design specifications
- Help define business and user needs and processes; identify solutions, work with project team/sponsors in identifying best solution
- Participate in requirements analysis; help design applications based on system requirements; promote top code quality and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Build enhancements within existing applications to optimize efficiency
- Support implementation of software application changes with bold deployment timelines.
- Support Freddie Mac’s core applications, including providing fixes to production defects and making enhancements
- Quickly evaluate defects, investigate causes and come up with solutions to address defects
- Provide production support and providing clear communication to on the resolution of incidents
Participation in the program will support your continued professional development through access to targeted training courses and learning opportunities, as well as exposure to senior management. You will gain knowledge of technology for the financial industry all while enhancing your own proficiencies, by:
- Expanding your leadership, business and analytical skills
- Refining your personal brand and growing your internal network
- Obtaining support and guidance from dedicated managers, experienced analysts and knowledgeable mentors
- Deepening technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac’s key role in the mortgage market
- Participating in organized community service events to complement your professional development with personal growth
- Being eligible to be sponsored to earn key technical certifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related, relevant experience and coursework
- College-level experience with coding practices and languages (such as Java, C/C++, Python, Angular/Springboot, MongoDB/Postgres, OpenShift/Docker or others; AI/ML knowledge/experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies preferred
- Ability to start immediately or after graduation in January 2022 or June 2022 as a full-time employee
- Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Office Professional, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities
- Must have graduated with a bachelor’s-level degree within 18 months of start date
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team or independently
- Technology-first attitude, outstanding analytical skills and drive for innovation!
- Willingness to try new things, experiment quickly and learn fast
NOTE: Freddie Mac will not be hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1 (CPT/OPT), J-1, M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings).
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.