View job on Handshake
Position(s) will be located within the following in-state field offices: Oakland
The State of California’s Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) is looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals with strong communication and analytical skills to join our team.
The Tax Auditor position that provides great potential for personal development and career advancement. As a Tax Auditor you will use your critical thinking skills and business acumen to manage audits effectively and efficiently. You will have support from your team members and supervisor.
Under close supervision of the Supervising Tax Auditor, the Tax Auditor (TA) conducts the least to moderately difficult field audits. The TA audits accounts, attends basic tax law and audit training classes, makes audit appointments, meets with taxpayers and their representatives, explains the audit findings, and prepares appropriate audit reports. Candidate must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position performs a variety of tasks, including the following:
• Communicating via calls, written correspondence and in person
• Scheduling appointments and meet with taxpayers at their business and/or other locations
• Developing audit plans
• Performing audits using generally accepted audit standards to ensure correct reporting of business taxes and fees
• Preparing audit reports and explain findings
• Answering tax related inquiries from taxpayers and educate taxpayers
This recruitment has been posted for more vacancies than currently exist as it may be used to fill additional identical vacancies which occur within 180 days of the closing date of this bulletin.