About NYC Health + Hospitals
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the nation. We are a network of 11 hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes, and post-acute care centers. We are a home care agency and a health plan, MetroPlus. Our health system provides essential services to 1.4 million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city’s five boroughs. Our diverse workforce of more than 35,000 employees are uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
The Data Core in the Office of Population Health is responsible for providing innovative analytics that have the power to transform the care we deliver at NYC Health + Hospitals. The Data Core normally touches risk targeting, access to care, depression, care management, outreach to the uninsured and support of incarcerated populations. Our mission is to use data to create information at the program, site and system levels. In June, NYC Health + Hospitals will launch Test and Trace (aka T2), New York City’s crucial effort to identify and contain COVID-19. The Data Core seeks a T2 Testing Dashboard Lead to help us develop robust Tableau dashboards that communicate the City’s COVID-19 testing successes and growth areas to leadership, partners and the public.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Working within a team of epidemiologists and informaticists, the T2 Testing Dashboard Lead will build a comprehensive portfolio of Tableau dashboards that explore COVID-19 community testing across multiple domains, including but not limited to highlighting access disparities, understanding hotspots and clusters, illuminating under-resourced testing sites, suggesting new testing locations and providing sentinel surveillance for the NYC Health + Hospitals system to understand how COVID-19 hotspots will impact hospital operations. The Testing Dashboard Lead will develop Tableau dashboards using automated extract refreshes from a SQL Server database. They will develop and QA the underlying data, coordinate with team members to ensure consistent governance for testing definitions as new labs come online for both PCR and antibody testing, and maintain high quality data dictionaries visible to team members and end users. They will create easy to understand visualizations that can be interpreted by lay audiences and policymakers. They will coordinate with external stakeholders and be able to incorporate feedback from multiple sources quickly. This individual must be able to use SAS, SQL, R, Tableau and/or similar to ask clean questions of large datasets. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, appreciates the challenge of quick and iterative design and balances high quality methodology with accessible visual style.
1. A Master’s degree in public administration or business administration, or in an equivalent or equally acceptable program, and four (4) years of satisfactory, full-time paid experience in a major governmental agency or large corporation or foundation in management analysis or in operational direction, planning, coordination or control of which two (2) years must have been in a supervisory, administrative or consultative capacity; or
2. A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of experience as stated in #1 above of which three (3) years must have been in a supervisory, administrative or consultative capacity; or
3. A satisfactory equivalent, however, all candidates must possess not less than the two (2) years of supervisory, administrative or consultative experience required. Four (4) years of appropriate general experience may be substituted for a Baccalaureate degree requirement. Appropriate full-time teaching experience in an accredited college or university may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience and appropriate full-time teaching experience in a position of professional rank may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required supervisory, administrative or consultative experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in health care delivery systems, health information technology to support population health and healthcare.
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau and R, SQL, SAS or similar
- Demonstrated experience in the public health field.
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgement and flexibility; possess effective time management and organizational skills; and be able to work under deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong quantitative skills.
- Past experience in data analysis of healthcare or pharmacology data.
- Detailed oriented and a commitment to innovation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Experience with applied data analysis, visualization or cleaning of healthcare or pharmacological data, preferably with large datasets.
- Should have experience with Tableau.
How To Apply
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.
Apply for Job