Reporting to the Brigham Health Information Security Officer and as a member of the Brigham Health IS team, this person will be responsible for support and quality customer service for a range of different projects, initiatives and applications. The Information Systems Associate Analyst functions in a matrixed environment and interfaces with Brigham Health IS, Research Computing, Research Compliance, the IRB, and the Brigham Health research community.
The Information Systems Associate Analyst will work to understand the unique challenges of the research community, their needs, and assist with implementing IS solutions that will address the needs of both Brigham Health IS and the research community, while following Partners Information Systems policies and best practices. The Information Systems Associate Analyst acts as liaison with PHS Information Systems and Research Computing staff as needed to help resolve issues.
· Work closely with Brigham Health Information Systems and Research Computing staff and end users to define business needs and develop IT solutions to meet both system and operational objectives. .
· Provide end user support and guidance for mobile computing needs.
· Provide quality customer service and serve as an exemplary representative of Partners Information Systems. On-going communication, feedback and follow-through with customers/peers are essential.
· Manage communication with users and business owners.
· Follow project management lifecycle in accordance with Partners or group specific standards.
· Identify problems, their probable causes, their impact on operations, report them appropriately, and offer possible solutions.
· Assist with system documentation, maintenance, testing and upgrade activities. Advise on data compliance during design and implementation.
· Complete work assignments in a timely manner under the supervision of senior staff.
· Function both as an individual contributor and team player within the incumbent’s reporting structure, other areas within Partners IS and within the hospital community.
· Develop project and system documentation throughout the course of daily activities and projects.
· Perform all other duties/projects as assigned.
· Maintains expertise in related information technologies and techniques.
Participates in the development of Mass General Brigham system-wide information security and privacy policies, and in the formulation of procedures and practices to ensure compliance by research staff and their collaborators.
Conduct and assist on RISO Ancillary Data Security Reviews and the review of Data Security and Data Sharing Plans.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· 1+ years of experience in computer systems or healthcare preferred.
Knowledge of information security regulations, including the HIPAA Security Rule, 201 CMR 17.00, NIST 800 control family and ISO 27001, GDPR